Thursday, February 24, 2011

Korean Alphabet

Basically... I can read Korean. Well, at least, I can very slowly pronounce each syllable, and eventually, one minute later, finish a sentence. Problem is... I have almost no vocabulary. I just recently started stealing my students vocabulary sheets, because they have English words with Korean translations. I am not only teaching in class, but I am learning by using my students to check my pronunciation of Korean words. It is great having 5-8 students diligently working to help improve my Korean, and it is free! Normally when they start seeming inattentive, I randomly say something in Korean and it amazes them. Then, for the next 2-3 minutes, I have nine year olds teaching me. They are once again enthused, and I jump back into the lesson.

The videos below are the only source of information I used to learn Hangul. Watch them a couple of times and you should be set.




No comments:

Post a Comment